Juicing At HomeWe created the Rosy-Cheeked Restorative juice recipe one cold winter morning in order to protect ourselves from the nasty viruses that were knocking the socks off of folks in our community. People were coming down with the flu, colds, and stomach ailments right and left! Since an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, we assembled all the antioxidant rich, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory foods in our fridge and pantry and~ wow ~what an awesome juice we created! We've provided links to the health benefits of each ingredient in the recipe below. Want to learn more about the benefits of juicing? Check out Health' Ambition's post on juicing to address high blood pressure. This is one powerfully "good for you" juice that has become a staple in our household. Give it a try, and get ready for an energy boost!
- One apple, washed, cored and quartered, but not peeled (the peel contains a flavonoid called quercetin)
- A 2 inch piece of tumeric root, washed (anti-inflammatory)
- One small red beet and one small orange beet, washed, top and bottom removed (increases energy, oxygen flow, and rich in antioxidants)
- A handful of washed blueberries (antiviral, antioxidant and antibacterial)
- Two strawberries (for cardiovascular health)
- A 1 inch piece of ginger root, washed (antioxidant, anti-inflammatory)
- One ounce of Elderberry Extract (anti-viral, antioxidant, immune system booster)
- Starting with the apple, run everything through the juicer except the Elderberry Extract. Serve the juice in a 12 ounce glass, stir in the Elderberry Extract and enjoy immediately!