Forrest Mason, author of the Saucy Spork blog, created this awesome shake recipe using Matcha Tea and our Elderberry Wellness Syrup. Matcha Tea is not your usual green leaf tea; because it contains the entire tea leaf, consuming matcha tea delivers 137 times more antioxidants than you can get by simply brewing a cup of green tea. Cold, tasty and refreshing, an Elderberry Matcha Shake is a great way to start your day!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons Norm’s Farms Elderberry Wellness Syrup
- 1 tablespoon local honey
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- A ripe banana
- The juice of half a lemon
- 2 cups of ice
- You can use any kind of milk you like, be it cow’s milk, almond milk, coconut milk or soy milk. They all have different benefits and flavors and it is ultimately up to your personal preference. You can find matcha in most grocery stores these days, but if you have trouble finding it you can try your local Asian market or there is always the Internet to help you procure the less common ingredients.
- Start by combining all of the ingredients except for the ice into a blender and pulse until the banana and matcha been well incorporated with the rest of the ingredients. Next add the ice and pulse until smooth. Divide across two glasses and serve immediately. You can also put half of it into the refrigerator and keep for up to 48 hours.