Elderberry and Mint Jamtini
Our Elderberry and Mint Jamtini is inspired by a cocktail that Erin, a Norm's Farms Co-Founder, really enjoyed while on vacation in Greece. Erin said that it was so good she and her travel companions were using their fingers to get every last drop from the bottom of the glass! So that got me started in our home test kitchen and this Elderberry and Mint Jamtini recipe is the result of a fun afternoon of recipe development.
- 1 ounce cranberry, blackberry or cran-raspberry juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup (see below for recipe)
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 heaping teaspoonful elderberry jam
- Club soda
- Fresh sprigs of mint for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker (or 1 pint mason jar with a tight fitting lid). muddle the mint leaves. Add the fruit fuice, simple syrup, vodka, jam and 3 or 4 pieces of ice. Put the lid on the shaker and shake vigorously, and then shake some more!
- Add some ice to a 1/2 pint jam jar and strain in the cocktail. Top with a splash of club soda and garnish with a sprig of mint.
- Simple Syrup Recipe: In a small saucepan combine 1 cup sugar and one cup water. Bring to a boil, stirring, until all the sugar is dissolved. Turn off the heat and allow to cool.