Our Elderberry Chipotle Sauce is hot, spicy, fruity, and addictive! It tastes great on salmon, chicken, pork and is a key ingredient in our Black Bean Elderberry Chipotle Dip. Feel free to reduce the jalapeno content if you prefer a less spicy sauce.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp adobo sauce (from canned Chipotle Peppers) (gives a medium heat...add more if you like it fiery!)
- 1 jar Norm's Farms Elderberry Jam
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add minced jalapeno and cook until tender- about 5 minutes. Stir in minced garlic and adobo sauce and simmer for an additional minute or two. Add the elderberry jam, vinegar and salt and stir until the Elderberry Jam is well dissolved. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes- until reduced by half. Transfer the Elderberry Chipotle Sauce to a heat proof bowl and allow to cool to room temperature before serving.