Elderberry Glazed Pork Tenderloin is another recipe created by the Food Fairy exclusively for Norm's Farms. Terri McClernon, a.k.a., The Food Fairy, is North Carolina’s favorite personal chef, educator and creator of the unique cook-a-long DVD "Cook Once, Eat for Weeks". To learn more about their magical offerings visit The Food Fairy.
- 2 TBLSP olive oil
- ½ cup diced shallot
- 3 TBLSP diced red bell pepper
- 1 TBLSP zested ginger
- 1/3 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 TBLSP balsamic vinegar
- 2-1/3 cup diced granny smith apples
- 6 TBLSP Elderberry Jam
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 lemon rind pieces, 2”x 1”
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh, unpeeled, diced tomatoes
- 1 TBLSP minced fresh mint
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-heat. Add diced shallots and bell pepper and sauté until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Wash but do not peel fresh ginger. Zest or finely dice, add to pot and stir for 1 minute.
- Add both vinegars. Wash but do not peel apples and cut into ¾ inch pieces. Add to your pot apples, jam, cinnamon stick, allspice, cayenne, cloves, lemon rind and lemon juice. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take off heat, remove cinnamon stick and lemon rind pieces, and add diced tomatoes and mint. Stir to combine and let rest for 10 minutes.