Black Elderberry Breakfast Bowls
Breakfast can be a tough time for busy families. Getting kids to eat a healthy breakfast can be even harder! Try putting some healthy fun in your weekend breakfast with our Black Elderberry Breakfast Bowls. Black Elderberry Breakfast Bowls are loaded with immunity boosting antioxidants and are made with a Greek yogurt, banana and elderberry base topped with healthy nuts, seeds, coconut and a variety of dried and fresh fruits. This quick breakfast is also a fun art project that you can eat, and your kids will love decorating them with the toppings of their choice. The following recipe is enough to serve four.
- 4 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 cold or frozen medium sized ripe bananas
- 4 tsp of either Norm's Farms Elderberry Extract, Elderberry Wellness Syrup or Elderberry Extract Children’s Formula
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Dried Mission Figs, cranberries, or raisins
- Fresh blueberries, blackberries or Raspberries
- Peeled, quartered and sliced fresh Kiwi
- Pepitas, almonds, or chopped walnuts
- Pomegranate seeds
- Place yogurt, banana and black elderberry in a blender or food processor and mix until well blended.
- Divide contents between four serving bowls.
- Arrange toppings on a platter and place on the table along with the four bowls containing the yogurt, banana and black elderberry mixture.
- Decorate with toppings and enjoy!