Black Bean Elderberry Chipotle Dip is made with Norm's Farms recipe for spicy Elderberry Chipotle Sauce, black beans and two kinds of cheese. Served hot and bubbly, this dip is perfect for game day!
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, fresh ground pepper to taste
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Elderberry Chipotle Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Tortilla Chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small saucepan heat the black beans, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sea salt, pepper and cumin. Mash the beans a bit, stir until warm and well blended. Adjust seasoning to taste, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small skillet cook the onion in the remaining 1 T olive oil over medium low heat until translucent; add minced garlic and cook another minute. Place cream cheese in a small bowl and add cooked onion and garlic; stir to combine.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in the bottom of an 8 inch cast iron skillet or similar oven proof casserole dish. Top with seasoned black beans. Pour elderberry chipotle sauce over the black beans, and top with 1/2 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes until hot and bubbly and all the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with a little more cheese and chopped fresh cilantro. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.