Elderberry Glazed Ham
Sean Puckett, our Elderberry Ambassador in the Asheville, North Carolina area, made this ham for a big Thanksgiving gathering last year. It was SO delicious, and without a doubt, the best ham I have ever had. Try it for your next holiday gathering, you won’t be disappointed!
- One 7 to 10 pound Ham
- One jar of Elderberry Ginger Pecan Jam
- Remove the ham from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F
- Trim off any skin from the ham. Use a sharp paring knife to score through the fat in a diagonal crosshatch pattern without cutting through to the meat. Insert the cloves into the ham (if using), placing them at the intersections of the cuts.
- Put the ham, flat-side down, on a rack in a roasting pan. Pour 1/4 inch water into the bottom of the pan. Cover with a tent of aluminum foil. Transfer to the oven and roast until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the ham registers 130 degrees F, about 2 hours, 30 minutes (about 15 minutes per pound).
- Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Take the ham our of the oven and coat with Norm’s Farms Ginger Pecan Elderberry Jam and return to oven. If the water in the bottom of the pan has evaporated, add more. Return the ham to the oven and roast until glossy and well browned, about 45 more minutes.