If you’re looking for a no-frills breakfast, this one’s for you. In fact, this easy breakfast recipe is one of our farmer’s absolute favorites. It’s quick, it’s grabbable while on the go, and it’s mighty tasty. In it, our sweet and antioxidant-packed black elderberry jam is balanced by a crumbled layer of salty-rich Parmesan cheese. We recommend layering on top of fresh sourdough bread. Or drop it on an English muffin with cheddar instead because that’s your business. But this is how we like it here at Norm’s Farms:
- Warm sourdough bread (preferably from your local Farmer’s Market)
- Norm’s Farms Elderberry Jam or Norm’s Farms Blueberry-Elderberry Preserves
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, medium-sliced or crumbled
- With a bread knife, cut sourdough into ½ inch thick slices, 1-2 per person.
- Toast the bread slices and let cool for about 1 minute.
- Spread a thin layer of your fav elderberry jam, jelly, or preserves over the toast.
- Top toast with hard Parmigiano-Reggiano (Parmesan) cheese to taste.
- Grab it on your way out the door!
We paired this simple toast breakfast with fresh blueberries, strawberries, and Madagascar vanilla & cinnamon Greek yogurt for a charcuterie-style breakfast the whole family will enjoy.
Tell us how you top yours!