These muffins are both delicious and easy to make, and are a great way to use those very ripe bananas you have sitting on your counter. Think of them as mini banana breads stuffed with tasty Elderberryfilling! These yummy muffins only take about 35 minutes to make from start to finish, so you can have the delicious goodies in no time!
1/3 C coconut or vegetable oil
3 ripe bananas
1/4 C milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 C sugar
1 1/2 C flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Making Your Elderberry Muffins:
1. Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease 12 medium sized muffin cups.
3. Mix together egg, vegetable oil, bananas, milk and vanilla with a fork, mashing the bananas well.
4. Add the sugar and mix together until combined
5. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until everything is equally wet and combined. Don’t over-mix.
6. Spoon the muffin batter into each muffin cup, filling about 2/3 full.
7. Using a teaspoon, make a slight depression in each muffin and fill with one tsp of Elderberry Jelly, Elderberry Jam, Elderberry Ginger Pecan Jam or Blueberry Elderberry Preserves.
8. Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
9. Allow to cool for 15 minutes and then remove from muffin cups.
Enjoy your Elderberry Muffins with tea, coffee or hot cocoa!