Maris Callahan of In Good Taste Magazine created this beautiful Blueberry Elderberry Tart with our Blueberry Elderberry Preserves. Quick and easy to make, this tart makes a beautiful presentation and is really delicious too!
Blueberry Elderberry Tart with Shortbread Crust
Author: Maris Callahan
Recipe type: Sweet Treats, Breakfast & Brunch
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- 1½ cups white whole wheat or all purpose flour
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup cold unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch cubes (do not use margarine or butter substitute)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Norm’s Farms Blueberry Elderberry Preserves
- 1 tablespoon coarse white sparkling sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. In the bowl of a food processor, place flour, ¾ cup of the powdered sugar and ½ teaspoon salt. Cover; process until well blended. Add butter and 1½ teaspoons of the vanilla extract. Blend in the food processor with on-and-off pulses until mixture is consistency of fine crumbs.
- Press 1½ cups of the mixture evenly in ungreased 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 12 minutes and let cool on a cooling rack for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir preserves to soften; set aside.
- Spread preserves evenly over cooled crust to within ⅜-inch of edge. Sprinkle remaining crust mixture evenly over top, covering preserves completely. Pat gently; sprinkle with white sparkling sugar.
- Bake 18 to 26 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown. Cool 25 minutes on cooling rack; remove side of pan. Using sharp knife, cut into 8 triangular wedges. Serve with fresh whipped cream, if desired.